ECO FRIENDLY SHEEPSKIN TREATMENT
Driven by the conviction that controlling the greenhouse effect is one of the major ecological challenges for future generations, we are proud to introduce the new range of 100% Australian Sheepskins that have been tanned with low impact to the environment, using environmentally friendly tanning agents and methods.
The new tanning methods do not use harsh chemicals any longer and we can now offer same gorgeous, genuinely Australian Sheepskin boots we are known for, while drastically reducing our ecological footprint during the manufacturing process.
Following are some key advantages of Eco-Friendly Sheepskin tanning:
- Reduction in "looseness"
- Reduction in "ribbyness"
- Reduction in "growth marks"
- Colour variation within the skin is reduced
- Colour variation from skin to skin is reduced
- Colours are cleaner, richer and brighter
- Tanning liquors are fully recycled
- Water usage is reduced by 30%
- Only chemicals that minimize the impact on the environment are used
- Chrome usage is reduced by 67%
- Chrome content is reduced by over 55%